Leapfrog Lighting polled more than 200 business owners and managers, asking whether LED lighting product manufacturer claims on packaging match real-life performance.
Only 14.3 percent found their own direct experience matched the claims, and another 35.3 percent believed the claims, bringing the total to 49.6 percent. The remaining respondents were not convinced, uncertain or found manufacturer claims only partially or inconsistently matched their experience.
“We’re even little surprised that 49.6 percent of business owners and managers believe manufacturer claims entirely,” said Stephen Naor, CEO of Leapfrog Lighting, in a statement. “I think this is an improvement over even a year ago. These findings show that business owners are not yet convinced by the claims.”
Here’s a Leapfrog blog about a survey (I’m not sure it’s the same survey) — the graphic posted with it, along with a link to the full survey results. According to the blog, the graphic below is the visualized version of ths:
The new Leapfrog Lighting poll asked a randomized sample of 200 business owners and managers, “What is the most important reason you are considering (or have used) LED lighting in your business?”